Warm Salad of Salmon, English Asparagus, Potato & Salad
Serves 4 people
- Mix together everything for Vinaigrette with a whisk.
- Wash the Potatoes and cook in Salted water until tender. Drain and leave until cool enough to handle and then cut into thick slices. Keep warm.
- Cut Asparagus into 2 inch pieces and cook in boiling Salted Water. Drain and allow to cool.
- Cut Salmon into bite sized pieces and seal in a non stick frying pan with a little oil. Add the Butter and leave it over a low heat until ready. Season with Salt and Lemon Juice.
- Carefully mix together the Salmon, Asparagus & Potato and arrange nicely on plates with Salad Leaves. Spoon the Vinaigrette over and round.
- Serve Whilst still warm.
300g New Potatoes
250g English Asparagus (trim the bottom ends)
600g Salmon Fillet
100g Small Salad Leaves & Herbs (i.e. Oak Leaf, Rocket, Curly Endive, Flat Leaf Parsley & Chevil or Basil)
50g Salted Butter
For the Vinaigrette
1 tablespoon Castor Sugar
3 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
8 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Grain Mustard Seeds
Salt & Pepper to season