Tomato & Mozzarella Gratinee Tarts
Serves 4 people
- Cut out 4 rounds of Puff Pastry about 10cm diameter using a saucer or small plate as a guide. Place on a baking sheet and chill.
- Pre heat oven to 2000C, gas mark 6. Bake the pastry for approximately 10 minutes, and then place another baking sheet on top, with another tray press the rounds down and keep them flat. Bake for a further 8-10 minutes until golden. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Slice the tomatoes evenly and arrange on another baking sheet in four overlapping circles about the same size as the pastry rounds. Brush with the Balsamic Vinegar and oil, season and sprinkle with the Herbs, lay the slices of Mozzarella on top, making sure they connect with all the tomato slices, as they melt.
- Preheat the grill to the highest settting.
- When really hot, place the Tomatoes under the grill near to the heat. The Cheese should start to melt, leave only until the cheese starts to hold the Tomato slices together.
- Remove from the grill and wiat a few seconds, then using a fish slice, transfer each round of tomato onto a Pastry round. Season the Rocket and toss with Vinaigrette, place some under the tartlet and also place some on top of each tartlet and serve immediately.
300g Puff Pastry (You can buy it already rolled)
8 Large Ripe Plum Tomatoes Skinned
2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Basil
1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Parsley
200g Buffalo Mozzarella Slices
2 Tablespoons Classic Vinaigrette
Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper to season