Roast Sea Bass with Vegetable & Basil
Serves 4 people
- Cut all the Courgettes & Leeks into 2mm wide pieces. Boil for 5 minutes & drain. Then pan fry them in Butter and Season with Salt and leave to stand.
- Prepare a heated pan with Butter and oil and fry the filleted Seabass skin side down – For two minutes approximately. Turn over and finish in a preheated oven at 150oC. This doesn’t take long only 2 – 3 minutes.
- For the Sauce, gently fry Shallots in butter until soft, add Wine to the pan. Reduce liquid down by about half. Add Fish Stock and reduce liquid by half again.
- Add Cream & Butter and reduce again. Just before serving, add chopped Basil & Tomato.
- Re-heat the Vegetables, add Spinach and stir for approximately 1 minute
- Place all the Vegetables in the middle of the plate
- Put seabass on top and pour the sauce around
- Compliment with new potatoes on the side
50g Spinach (approx 2 handfuls)
Butter & Oil for frying
Salt for seasoning
4 x 200g Sea Bass Fillet Portions
For the Sauce
2 Shallots, thinly sliced
250ml Dry White wine
250ml Fish Stock
100ml Double Cream
6 Basil leaves “chopped finely”
2 Plum Tomatoes seeded and cut in cubes