Layered Poached Rhubarb & Raspberry Sorbet
Serves 4 people
- Put the milk into a heavy bottomed pan and bring to the boil.
- Whisk together the sugar, egg yolks, corn flour & vanilla pod. Pour the milk over the mixture and then whisk .
- Put all ingredients back into the pan and put on a low heat, continuing to whisk until it starts to thicken.
- Put the pan to one side until cold.
- Whisk the cream into a ribbon mixture, then fold it into the crème patisserie, place in the fridge until needed.
To make the syrup, boil the water and sugar for approximately 3 minutes. Let it cool.
- Mix the Raspberry puree and syrup together.
- Put in an ice-cream machine. When the sorbet has achieved the right consistency, remove from machine, put in a container and place in the freezer.
- Put the fondant and glucose in a heavy bottomed pan on a medium heat until caramelized, then pour onto a tray and leave to set.
- Once cooled, place the caramel into the Blender, blitz it until a fine mixture.
- Sieve onto parchment paper, shape into rectangles – 4inch by 2inch and bake for 1 minute at 1800C.
- Take out and leave to cool and se
- Clean the rhubarb and cut into 4inch strips.
- Boil the syrup, adding the grenadine and then the rhubarb until cooked.
- Take out the rhubarb and place onto a tray on parchment paper and put aside until needed.
- Keep the syrup for sauce.
- Place the syrup into a pan and reduce until it starts to thicken, pour into a bowl.
- Put two pieces of poached rhubarb into the syrup,
- Squeeze a little lemon over and blitz with a hand held blender until smooth
- Place the sugar tuille in the middle of the plate.
- Put the crème patisserie in a piping bag and pipe onto the sugar tuille
- Place the poached Rhubarb on top of the crème patisserie
- Repeat so that you have two layers,
- Drizzle the Rhubarb Sauce over the dish & put the sorbet on top before you serve.
1 Litre Syrup
3 Egg Yolks
20g Corn Flour
200ml Double Cream to mix
200ml Raspberry Puree
300ml Syrup (200ml water & 200g Sugar)
500g Fondant Icing
40g Ground Almonds