Fillet of Pork with Black Pudding & Apple Sauce
- Heat the oil and butter in a non stick frying pan, add the seasoned pork fillets and fry until sealed and golden brown. Place in an ovenproof dish, and put in a hot oven 1800C until cooked (approx 15mins) when cooked, take out of the oven and let the pork rest.
- Peel the Bramley apples and cut into 2cm cubes. Place in a pan with the sugar and cinnamon and on a low heat, stir frequently until the mixture becomes puree. Then put the mixture through a riser.
- Seal the black pudding on both sides in a non stick pan, then put in the oven until cooked (3 minutes) then set aside.
- Boil potatoes until cooked all the way through, then mash with the butter. Add the cream until the consistency is smooth. Add seasoning to taste. Set aside until you are ready to use.
- Heat the mashed potato and put in a piping bag, pipe the mash into three small circles on a rectangular plate.
- Sauté the spinach with a little butter and season with salt and place on the mashed potato.
- Reheat the pork fillets, each one cut into 3 pieces and place on top of the spinach.
- Place a piece of black pudding on top of the pork.
- Spoon the apple puree on top of the black pudding.
- Finish with Grain Mustard Sauce.
4 Fillets of Pork
Salt & Pepper to Season
500g Maris Piper Potato
100ml Double Cream
2 Large Bramley Apples
100g Castor Sugar
Pinch of Cinnamon
To Be Served With
200g Fresh Spinach picked and washed
200g Black Pudding cut into 12 pieces
Grain Mustard Sauce
Salt & Pepper