Wild Mushroom & Parmesan Risotto
Serves 4 people
- Put the dried mushrooms into a mixing bowl, cover with warm water and leave to soak for 20 minutes
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the chopped onion and cook until it becomes soft. Add the Arborio Rice, cook on a low heat for a few minutes.
- In a separate pan boil the stock. Add the wine to the rice and reduce the liquid.
- Add the mushrooms and the water they are soaking in, then bring the water to the boil and simmer gently.
- Whilst the water is being reduced, add the stock, a little at a time, simmer until the water has reduced completely.
- Add the Parmesan Cheese, Creme Fraiche, and some of the Parsley, pinch of salt and pepper, and give a quick stir shortly before serving the dish.
- Garnish the dish with a little Parsley.
2 cups of Arborio Rice
1 medium Onion diced into 1cm pieces
5 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
100ml White Wine
18g pack of Porcini Mushrooms
125g of Mixed Wild Mushrooms cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces
6 cups of Vegetable stock
100g of Parmesan Cheese
2 tablespoons of Creme Fraiche
20g Chopped flat Parsley to garnish
Salt & Pepper to season