Chicken Liver Pate
Serves 12 people
- Make sure the chicken liver is clean from the veins. Cut the onion in 1 inch cubes, and the garlic chopped finely.
- Saute the onion in a little butter until they are golden and add the garlic.
- In another pan melt the butter.
- In a separate pan, seal the liver, don’t over cook them.
- Add the liver to the onion and the garlic, put the brandy in and add the melted butter.
- Season to taste.
- Put the pate in a mixer, until it is smooth. Pour the mixture in a mould and leave it to cool in a refrigerator.
- You can put the pate in a ramekin or a long terrine mould. Line it with cling film.
- Serve it with onion Marmalade and toast
800g fresh chicken liver
400g melted butter
pinch salt & pepper
2 gloves of garlic
pinch of nutmeg