Braised Rhubarb with Greek Yoghurt & Honey
Serves 4 people
To prepare the Rhubarb
- Bring the Water, Sugar and Grenadine to the boil (in a stainless steel pan if possible)
- Cut the Rhubarb into slim 2 inch lengths
- Throw them into the boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the Rhubarb to cool in the Syrup
- Refrigerate, still in the Syrup
- Warm the Honey, very gently, stir in the Orange Flower Water
To make the Tuiles
- Preheat the Oven to 200 oC.
- Combine the Dry ingredients and whisk in the Egg Whites followed by the Melted Butter.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate.
- Spread very thinly, with a palette knife, onto a non stick baking mat or silicone paper.
- Bake at 200 oC until golden and crisp – around 4 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool and store in an airtight container.
To make the dish
- Drain the Rhubarb and place off centre on each dessert plate.
- Arrange a large spoonful of Yoghurt alongside.
- Drizzle with Honey and Pistachio Nuts.
- Place a Spice Tuile on the Rhubarb.
The dish is ready to be served
250g Tender young Rhubarb
110g Granulated Sugar
120g Greek Yoghurt
4tbsp Mild Honey
1 tsp Orange Flower water
20 Pistachio Nuts, Peeled and Coarsely Chopped
For the Spice Tuiles
95g Icing Sugar, sifted
Half tsp Ground Cinnamon
Pinch of Nutmeg
2 Egg Whites
60g Melted butter