Asparagus, Broad Beans & Leek Tart
Serves 4 people
- Sweat the Leeks in Olive Oil with Rosemary & Salt until very soft, drain & cool.
- Boil the Spears till tender in Salted Water and add a knob of Butter, drain & cool.
- Combine the Cream, egg Yolks and Broad Beans, blend slightly with a Hand Blender to extra texture.
- Spoon the Leeks into the Pastry Cases and pour over the Broad Beans, Egg Yolks and Cream.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 180 oC or until they set.
- Poach Asparagus Spears in boiling Salted Water for 2 minutes.
- Place asparagus on top of the tarts, and top with Parmesan Shavings
- you can finish it on a bed of Rocket Salad and Broad Bean Sauce
200g Shredded Leeks
40ml of Olive Oil
Pinch of Finely Fresh Rosemary
200g of Broad Beans (removed from pod and de shelled)
30g of Butter
4 x 10cm Short Crust Tartlet Cases, Baked Blind
12 Asparagus Spears
200ml of Double Cream
3 Egg Yolks
Pinch Of Salt